5 Delicious Labor Day Desserts
The best way to cherish a memory is by adding a flavor of sweetness in the end. Labor Day is the last holiday of summer and everyone wishes to celebrate it to the fullest. After all the tiresome events of the year, people prefer cookouts on labor day. Delicious desserts are often seen following them. Here are five yummy labor day dessert recipes to satisfy your taste buds.
Berries and Cream Torte
This fruity dessert is the easiest way to add meaning to the entire day. Not once does it fail to win an applaud from the guests? Therefore, don’t wait and chalk down the recipe in your cookbooks right now!
Credit: Berries and Cream torte, tasteofhome.com
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup softened butter
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups strawberries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 4-1/2 tsp. corn-starch
- 3 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 4-1/2 teaspoons fine confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, add some butter and sugar. Beat as you add eggs to it. Once you’re done, mix salt, flour, and baking powder with the creamy mix.
- Grease baking sheets and line them with parchment paper. Then draw 3-6/4-in circles on them. Add some batter to each circle and then spread it equally to about a quarter-inch from the edges. After baking for 10 minutes at 350°, remove it and let it cool. Repeat until the batter finishes.
- Combine the confectioner's sugar, corn-starch, and sugar. Beat sugar and cream in a large bowl and wait until you see peaks on the surface. Then place a cookie layer on a plate. Follow this with the addition of berries and whipped cream mixture. Put another cookie layer. The remaining berries can be used to decorate the top. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
This gelato is another fruity dessert you can enjoy on the pleasant evening of labor day with your friends and family. Each bite will refresh your mind, leaving you in peace. Check out the recipe below.
- 4 cups of cut strawberries
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1.5 cups chilled buttermilk
- 1/3 cup of sour cream
- Put strawberries in a blender, add sugar, and then make a smooth puree. Then, pour the buttermilk and add salt and sour cream. Blend them as well.
- Once you are done, grab an amazing ice cream mold and pour the mixture into it. Let the mixture cool.
Oatmeal Cookie Ice cream sandwiches
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Quarter tsp. Baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 3/4 cups of brown sugar
- 1.25 cups of rolled oats
- A quarter tsp. of baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tbsp. Corn syrup
- 2.25 cups vanilla ice-cream
- 9 servings
- Preheat your oven to about 190 °C.
- Use parchment paper to line two baking sheets.
- Combine the oats, flour, salt, and baking soda in a bowl.
- Mix brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, and oil with a mixer. Then put eggs and beat to smoothen the mixture. Then, stir in the dry mix prepared in the other bowl.
- Put 1.5 tbsp. for each cookie on the paper so that you have around 9 cookies per sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Leave baked cookies to cool.
- Place some ice cream between two cookies and gently press to make your sandwich. Freeze for 2 hours and enjoy the first magical bite.
There would hardly be any dessert that can beat juicy raspberries between crispy biscuits or cookies. If you agree with our opinion, blackberry cobbler is the best labor day dessert you can have.
Credit: Blackberry Cobbler, thecozycook.com
IngredientsFor the Filling:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup tapioca starch
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- Half pinch of baking soda
- 5 1/2 cups of fresh blackberries
- 1 1/3 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup all purpose flour.
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1.5 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 4 ounces of chilled unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup low fat buttermilk
- For the Filling: Preheat oven to 205°C. Mix sugar, salt, tapioca starch, cinnamon, and baking soda in a big bowl until well combined. Add some berries and toss. Scrape into a 7- by 11-inch nonmetal baking dish and set aside.
- For the Topping: Mix all dry ingredients for topping in a separate bowl. After adding butter, smash it flat. Continue until butter assumes a form similar to cereal flakes. Pour in some buttermilk and use a tablespoon to put the viscous dough on the fruit dish.
- Bake the biscuits on a foil sheet for about an hour. Leave the mixture for cooling.
Fresh Peach Cake
Summer is indeed a very fruity season. Almost all the best fruits on the planet grow in this season. One such fruit is peach. As plain cakes sound old school now, adding a peachy touch to them seems like a good idea. Follow the recipe below to do this.
- 1/4 pound unsalted butter
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1tsp. cinnamon
- 3 sliced peaches
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Before proceeding to other steps, make sure you preheat your oven to 350 Fahrenheit degrees. Grease a square-shaped baking pan of about 8.5 to 9 inches.
- Beat butter and sugar on medium-high speed for 3-5 minutes in an electric mixer. Adjust mixer on low speed and add vanilla, sour cream, eggs simultaneously.
- Take another bowl. Sift all the dry ingredients and then mix them. Then, combine all dry ingredients in the first bowl and keep mixing until everything spreads evenly. Lastly, add cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- Evenly spread half of the batter on the pan. Top ½ of the peaches and pecans, then dust some caster sugar.
- Bake it until your toothpick comes out dry. This time is approximately going to be 50 minutes.
Labor Day is all about appreciating the hard work of people who work all around the year. A heavenly dessert on this auspicious occasion would turn this day into an unforgettable memory.
Some of the must-have labor day desserts are berries and cream tortes, fruity gelatos, ice cream, sandwiches, cobblers, and cakes. Check out the recipes from the list above to make this labor day special. You may also want to check out some delicious cookout recipes before serving a dessert.