5 mouth-watering Labor Day Recipes
Laborers wake up at the crack of dawn to prep up the world for those who follow later. Therefore, we all want to celebrate labor day to the fullest. Cooking indoors on such an auspicious occasion sounds like a boring idea. So why not let smoke rise from the grill and stoves in your garden. However, before getting the ball rolling, check out 5 mouth-watering labor day cook-out recipes.
1. Grilled Cheeseburgers
Grilled Cheeseburgers are the ultimate comfort food for every foodie out there. They are a must-have for the last holiday of the summer season. The tenderness of the meat and gooey cheese is what will make this Labor Day food irresistible for all.
Credit: Louis Hansen
- Cheese slices of your choice (preferably American/ cheddar) (6)
- Hamburger buns, with or without seeds (6)
- Ground beef (1.5 pounds)
- Vegetable oil according to requirement, for buns and grill
- Fresh black pepper powder and kosher salt
- 12-14 fresh lettuce leaves
- Tomatoes cut into slices
- Fresh black pepper powder and kosher salt
- Fresh red onion slices
- Mustard and ketchup
- Butter (optional)
- Turn on the stove, keeping the flame on a medium level.
- Split the beef into 6 equal parts. Shape each portion into a patty approximately 1 inch in thickness. Next, gently press in the middle of each patty with your thumb finger. The patty should be a bit thinner at the center than the edges. Season the patty on both sides with salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Apply oil to your grill.
- Carefully place your patties onto the grill. Wait approximately 4 minutes and flip your beef patty gently, once golden brown. Cook the other side for approximately 4 minutes or until slightly charred. Place your cheese slice on the top side of the patty a few minutes before taking the patty off the grill.
- Split your hamburger buns in half and apply oil with the help of a brush. Grill the buns until golden brown.
- To assemble your grilled cheeseburger, top the bottom bun with the grilled beef patty.
- Add lettuce, tomato slices and, onion slices in desired amounts. Finally, add the top bun and, voilà! You are ready to enjoy your grilled cheeseburger alongside ketchup and mustard.
2. Parmesan Tater Tots and Dip Sauce
If you are a beginner-level chef, parmesan tots are the best recipe for you. This labor day recipe is the easiest way to satisfy your appetite. Follow the recipe below to have a perfect day cooking out.
Credit: Nate Johnston
- 3 tbsp. medium spice level chili sauce
- 0.5 tbsp. Sliced sweet pickles
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2.5 pound medium bag of frozen potato tots
- 3 tbsp. Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. yellow mustard sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 tbsp. Grated parmesan
- Combine all three sauces with cut sweet-flavored pickles.
- Put olive oil, garlic powder, and tots on a sheet for baking. After baking for approximately 25 minutes, add parmesan and roast for 3 minutes. Your tots are all set to get dipped into that dipping sauce.
3. Grilled Chicken Sliders
This fast food is particularly famous because of its small size. On top of all, you can have as many chicken sliders as you want without people judging you. I mean they aren't as big as burgers.
Credit: Carnivore Style
- Hoisin, cilantro, and sriracha to serve
- 6 finely sliced scallions
- 1 large crushed garlic clove
- Fish sauce. 3 tbsp.
- 1 tbsp. of good quality canola oil
- 2 tsp. of sweet honey
- 1 fresh lime
- 4 6-oz halved skinless and boneless chicken breast
- One bunch of small radishes
- 12 grilled and split mini buns
- 2 small cucumbers (seedless)
- Put 2/3 of scallions in a blender and blend with oil, fish sauce, garlic, honey, grounded pepper, and lime. Pour puree into a bowl. Beat the heaviest chicken breast part thinner. Add marinade and then let them cool for 1.5 hours in the refrigerator.
- Heat grill to a medium level. Grill each side of chicken for up to 6 minutes. Cut the grilled chicken into slices.
- Toss cut cucumbers and radishes with lime juice. Then mix them in the remaining scallions. Spread the mixtures on buns and serve with sriracha and hoisin to serve in a better way.
4. Mango Salad with beans
Grab a plateful of mango and black bean salad and make the last summer holiday a memorable one. This perfect mix of sliced mango, beans, jalapeno, and bell pepper will revive your taste buds. Follow the recipe below to try it out yourself.
- 1 can of washed black beans
- 1 cup of sweet and diced orange, red, and yellow bell pepper
- 6 thinly sliced green onions
- 1 minced and seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 cup of cut cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup of lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups of finely sliced mango
- Kosher or Sea salt to taste
- Once you collect all the ingredients, mix bell pepper, black beans, jalapeno, green onions, and fresh cilantro in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, stir lime juice and olive oil together. Keep tossing until they are good to go. Pour this mixture onto the bean mix and fold them together.
- Then, add mango slices and mix them evenly in the salad.
5. BLT Potato Salad
You will hardly find a potato-hater on this planet. Whether you fry or bake them, they will always be the big fish on the ingredient list. The BLT potato salad is a quick dish that will make your holiday ten times better!
Credit: Rikki Snyder
- Fresh black pepper powder and 1.5 tbsp. Kosher salt
- Sour Cream ( according to requirements)
- Baby arugula leaves (11/2)
- Chives for serving (chopped finely)
- 12-ounce cherry/grape tomatoes
- White wine vinegar (5.5 tablespoons)
- potatoes (2.5 pounds)
- Bacon Bits (From 7 slices, cooked and broken)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
Serves 8 to 10
1. Boil your potatoes in a large pot of salted water until tenderized. Drain your cooked potatoes and wash with cold water to stop the cooking process.
2. Peel and cut your boiled potatoes into pieces of the desired size.
3. In a large bowl, add sour cream, mayonnaise, salt pepper, and vinegar. Whisk until well combined. Add your cut potatoes and toss until potato pieces are coated with the dressing.
4. Add bacon bits, cut tomato, and baby arugula leaves. Fold them very gently to prevent smashing the potato.
5. Garnish with chopped chives, and you are ready to go.
Just like labor day, good food adds perfection to every other celebration in life. Many people prefer to follow some delicious cook-out recipes for enjoying labor day with their friends and families. Some of the all-time favorite dishes include chicken sliders, grilled burgers, salads, and parmesan tots. This blog presents you with the best recipes for making this holiday unforgettable. Therefore, stop wasting your time and add them to your cookbooks as soon as possible!