Every foodie is aware of the magical touch that a pumpkin adds to your dish. In addition to being a flavorsome ingredient, a pumpkin is loaded with nutritional benefits.
Every fall, pumpkins become the limelight of the dining table as they blend into mouth-watering cakes, soups, bread, and salads. Here are 5 delicious pumpkin recipes which you must try this fall.
Pumpkin Mac n Cheese
- 1 Ib. squashed pumpkin
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 2 tsp oil
- Optional: 0.55 Ib. ham
Sauce and Topping
- 0.1 Ib. flour
- 2 ½ cups milk
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 0.1 Ib. butter
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 0.11 Ib. mozzarella cheese
- 0.55 Ib. macaroni pasta
- 0.11 Ib. cheddar cheese
- 0.055 Ib. parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and then place chopped pumpkins onto a baking tray. Add oil, pepper, and salt. Then toss these together with the pumpkins until the spices and pumpkin slices mix well.
- Let the pumpkins roast for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Once done, squash/blend one-third of the pumpkin. Set this blended mixture aside.
- Start preparing the sauce now. On a medium flame, heat butter, until it melts completely.
- Then, mix the flour into it gradually so that you get a roux. Add milk in portions and stir regularly.
- Cook the sauce for the next 20 minutes so that it is smooth and thick.
- Now, stir garlic powder, nutmeg, cheddar, pepper, and parmesan, and then add the mixture to blended pumpkins.
- Once you are done, combine this mixture with macaroni, ham and leftover pumpkin. Toss parmesan, cheddar, and mozzarella cheese on the top.
- Grill at 400°F for ten minutes.
Tadda, you are done!
Vegan stuffed roast pumpkin
If you are a vegan or vegetarian, then consider vegan stuffed roast pumpkin as a must-have this fall.
Vegan stuffed roast pumpkin, taste.com
1.8kg butternut pumpkin
2 tbsp. pine nuts, thinly sliced
- 3 chopped cloves of garlic
2 small deseeded capsicums (red), chopped
2 small deseeded capsicums (yellow), chopped
2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
2 tsp maple syrup
1 tsp smoked paprika
0.88 Ib. can brown lentils, drained and rinsed
0.33 Ib. baby spinach
1 tbsp. virgin olive oil
2 red onions
2 bunches trimmed asparagus
Balsamic vinegar, for serving
Baby rocket, for serving
- Preheat your oven to 375 F. Then, use parchment paper to line a large baking tray. After this, slice your pumpkin lengthwise and remove all the seeds present in it. Then place these slices on the tray.
- Moving on, gently spray the slices with oil to grease them. Season the pumpkin. Roast the slices until they become tender. This shall take approximately around 1 hour.
- Cut fine wedges out of an onion. Chop thin slices out of the second onion. Let the roasted pumpkin cool while you are performing other steps.
- Meanwhile, take a large frying pan and put it over medium flame. Then toss some oil and start frying your sliced onions to soften them. Add paprika and garlic. Keep stirring while ingredients cook. Then add, capsicum, vinegar, and maple syrup.
- After 15 minutes, the maple syrup and vinegar will caramelize.
- After adding reserved pumpkin and lentils to the onion mixture, allow them to cool.
- Blanch spinach in hot boiling water.
- Cool it in cold water.
- Now, chop the spinach coarsely. Add it along with pine nuts to the lentils mixture.
- Divide the mixture of lentils and put it between pumpkins. Use kitchen strings to tie the halves together. Then put these shells and onion wedges on a tray and roast for 20 minutes. You need to add asparagus 10 minutes after you start roasting your cooking procedure.
- Let your stuffed roast pumpkin cool. Drizzle some balsamic and serve.
Pumpkin Spice Mousse
This creamy and mouth watering desert will make you a fan of fall forever. Check out its recipe below to make your day a bit more special.
- 1 3/4 cup of pure canned pumpkin
- 1/4 tsp. fresh nutmeg
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 2 cups of chilled heavy cream
- Kosher salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup sweet condensed milk
Crushed ginger cookies and sour cream for serving
- In a medium saucepan, combine pumpkin, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and a pinch of salt. Stir continuously while cooking for about 5 minutes on a medium flame.
- Remove the saucepan from your stove. Stir vanilla extract and cream cheese in the mixture until it smoothens. Shift all contents to another bowl and stir them with thick sweetened condensed milk. Let the mixture cool.
- Beat cream with an electric mixer until peaks form. Mix it with the cream cheese mixture. Transfer the mouse into four-ounce jars. Refrigerate the mousse and serve it cool.
Pumpkin Spiced Latte with Whipped Cream
'Pumpkin' and 'Latte' are two of the most beloved words in the world of cooking enthusiasts. By combining the two, we get one of the most demanded thanksgiving beverages, a pumpkin latte. Follow the recipe below to give it a try:
- 2 tbsp. pumpkin puree
- 2 cups dairy milk
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1-3 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 cup strong hot coffee
- 1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice (some extra might be needed for serving)
Whipped cream, for decorating while serving
- Combine pumpkin puree, milk, and sugar in a saucepan. Place it over medium heat. Keep heating, but make sure that the mixture does not boil.
- After heating, remove the saucepan and let its contents cool. Then, whisk the heated mixture with pumpkin pie spice, coffee, and vanilla.
- Pour the latte into two mugs and top it with whipped cream.
Your perfect Autumn latte is ready!
Vegan Pumpkin Soup
- 9 cups pumpkin, cubed
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp thyme
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 400ml Coconut Cream
- 1 ½ cups vegetable broth
Sauté garlic, chopped onions, and ginger with coconut oil in a pot.
Add cayenne pepper and thyme. Sauté until the onions soften.
Put pumpkin, vegetable stock, and coconut cream in and boil the mix.
Turn down the flame and stew until the pumpkin cooks completely.
Blend it smooth using an immersion blender in the pot.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Pumpkin is one of the most important ingredients of halloween and thanksgiving. This autumn fruit is used in several different dishes. Some of the most popular pumpkin recipes include pumpkin mac n cheese, spice mousse, soup, spiced latte, and vegan stuffed roast pumpkin. So don't waste your time and give these recipes a try as soon as possible!