Well, even if you disagree, there is nothing wrong with having a quick bite before heading out to the reserved venue. Here are five irresistible date night recipes that you
must try to make your date a memorable one.
1) Bacon Wrapped Dates along with Goat Cheese
This super easy appetizer only takes 10 minutes to make. On top of it, it only requires six ingredients to make a smoky, sweet, yet savory appetizer for the night. Check out the ingredients list and pen it down in your cookbook.
Bacon Wrapped Dates with Goat Cheese Appetizer, erinliveswhole.com
- 8 Medjool dates (large)
4 bacon slices
3 tbsp. softened goat cheese (room temperature)
2 tsp. fresh tarragon (chopped)
1/4 tsp. lemon pepper
1/2 finely-minces garlic clove
1. Place your rack at the upper part of the oven and preheat it to 500 degrees.
2. Slice one side of each date with a paring knife and set them aside.
3. Combine tarragon, goat cheese, garlic, and lemon pepper. Then, slice the bacon so that it perfectly fits around the dates.
4. Stuff the cavity in each date with 1 1/2 tsp. of herbed goat cheese. Next, close your date and wrap it with a piece of bacon such that it overlaps by an inch and a half. Use toothpicks to secure.
5. Line a tray with some parchment paper and evenly spread the dates on it with their seam side down.
6. Bake until they are crispy and brown. There, you are good to go!
2) Grilled Thai Chilli Sesame Shrimp
Close your eyes and imagine a smoky grilled shrimp tossing in tangy and sweet Thai chili sauce. I am pretty sure that you just murmured, "heavenly" .This flavorsome dish will surely be the best main course that you can serve on your date.
Grilled Thai Chilli Sesame Shrimp, savouringtoday.com
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 large limes (cut one into half and the other into wedges)
- 24 large shrimps with tails (peeled and deveined)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 2 tbsp. dry sherry
- 1 1/2 tbsp. cornstarch dissolved in 2 tbsp. cold water
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp. chili garlic sauce
- 4 minced cloves of garlic
- black sesame seeds (garnishing purposes)
1. Preheat your grill for about 5 to 10 minutes.
2. To make the sauce, combine rice vinegar, sherry, chili garlic sauce, honey, fish sauce, and dissolved corn starch. Cook the mixture on medium flame until the sauce begins to thicken. Set aside.
3. Squeeze lime juice from one half of a lime into melted butter and stir so that the two combine evenly. Squeeze some juice from the other half of the lime onto your shrimps.
4. Use skewers to put shrimps on them. Make sure that the skewer is passing from head to tail.
5. The sauce and grill must be ready by now. Apply lime butter to the shrimp on both sides and grill it for around 3 minutes on each side. You may brush some more lemon butter every
time you turn the skewers.
6. Once your shrimps' flesh becomes opaque and color changes to bright pink, apply sauce to each side and grill for another minute.
7. Your shrimps are ready. Sprinkle some sesame seeds and serve.
3) Veal Chops Saltimbocca served with Tomato Cream
Veal Chops Saltimbocca is another perfect main course that will complement your appetizer. Check out the recipe below and let us know how you feel about it.
Veal Chops Saltimbocca, dartangnan.com
- 2 Milanese Veal Chops (dried)
- 2 slices of Jambon
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 6 sage leaves (divided)
- Black pepper
- ¾ cup tomatoes (stewed, drained, and chopped)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup of white wine
- ¼ cup of chicken stock
1. Preheat your oven to about 350 degrees.
2. Heat olive oil over medium flame in a large oven-proof skillet. Moving forward, season chops and then sprinkle some pepper and salt. Use 2 sage leaves for topping every chop, wrap some ham around it, and then seal. With the sage side down, place the chops on the skillet until they are browned. Repeat for the other side as well. Heat oven to 140 degrees and then put the skillet in it for around 10 minutes. Set the chops aside.
3. Get rid of oil in the skillet and place it on a high flame. Then, pour some wine and chicken stock and cook until half of the mixture boils off.
4. Finally, add cream, sage leaves, and tomatoes. Put the chops over some sauce and serve.
4) Chicken Picatta
Chicken Picatta is also one of the most beloved main courses that people usually enjoy on date nights. It's quick and easy to make.
- 4 cutlets of chicken breast
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sweet onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup white wine (dried)
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp capers (drained)
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. fresh parsley (finely minced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- Sea salt and pepper
- Use salt and pepper to season your cutlets. Finely coat them with flour. Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat. Brown each side of the cutlet. Transfer cutlets onto a plate and heat it on a medium flame.
- Add some olive oil to the skillet containing seasoned onion and heat until it browns.
- Add garlic and wine and simmer while stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, capers, and broth and simmer steadily.
- Add melted butter and serve.
5) Raspberry Fool
- 1 ¼ cups heavy cream
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- ½ cup raspberry jam
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 4 cookies
- Beat heavy cream in a large bowl so that peaks form.
- Whisk the jam in another bowl and fold into the whipped cream. Serve in bowls after garnishing with cookies and raspberries.
These are all the recipes that will help you to have a memorable date night. Do give them all a try and tell us which one you loved the most.