Smoothies are one of the most flavorsome beverages that you can have for kickstarting your morning. This blend of fresh fruits and vegetables has amazing nutritional benefits.
Therefore, you can conveniently incorporate all the necessary vitamins and minerals into a tall jug. Here are 5 of the most delicious smoothie recipes that you can try for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
1) Blueberry Blast Smoothie
The thought of blueberries alone is relishing. Now, imagine a blast of berry flavor in just one sip. Ahhhh, heavenly! You can top your smoothie with some cream and fresh berries to enhance its look further. Perhaps, the best of all is that you can prepare this refreshing beverage in just a few minutes.
Blueberry Smoothie, pumpkinnspice.com
This smoothie is great for people who want to have a smooth and glowing skin.
2 cups frozen blueberries
1 ripe banana
1 cup blueberry Greek yogurt
½ cup milk of any kind
Ice cubes to thicken if desired
1. Use a blender to mix the blueberries, yogurt
banana, and milk. Blend until it
reaches desired consistency.
2. Now, pour your delicious smoothie into glasses and enjoy every sip.
2) Banana mocha smoothie
This smoothie is a perfect blend of chocolate and banana and is a complete joy for one's taste buds. With its healthy ingredients and flavorsome taste, one can hardly say no to it.
Banana Mocha Smoothie, simplymaderecipes.com
- 3 bananas, small, cut into chunks
- ¼ cup coffee
- ¼ cup milk partly skimmed
- 2 ¼ tsp cocoa powder
- 4 tsp almond butter
- 2 pitted dates
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 60 g silken tofu
- ½ cup water
Method1. Put all ingredients into the blender.
2. Blend and serve with chocolate chips and banana on top.
3) Cranberry Raspberry Smoothie
Perhaps, a Cranberry Raspberry Smoothie tops off the list when it comes to best morning smoothies that you can have. It is creamy, tangy, sweet, and easy to make. The best thing is that you don't need to load your basket with a lot of ingredients before you set off to make your smoothie.
Moreover, it helps to lower blood pressure and prevents liver diseases. Isn't it what the world calls an ALL-IN-ONE combo?
Cranberry Raspberry Smoothie, besthealthmag.ca
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 3/4 cups Cranberry Raspberry
- Juice (low-calorie)
- 1 cup low fat raspberry yogurt (Vanilla yogurt can also be used)
- 3/4 cup frozen cranberries
1. Blend all the ingredients in a mixer until you have a smooth puree.
2. Pour the smoothie into two glasses and enjoy it with your favorite person.
4. Power Peach Mango Smoothie
Peach and mango are two of the most loved fruits around the globe. You'd be glad to know that you can accommodate this sweet and tart flavor in the same sip at the same time. Just blend the two fruits into a smoothie and there you go!
This smoothie has particularly remained popular amongst children and provides an excellent boost of vitamins. Try the recipe below and see for yourself.
- 1 ripe peach (peeled and chopped into cubes)
- 1 fresh mango (peeled and chopped into cubes
- 2 large-size carrots (chopped)
- 2 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
- Optional: protein powder, oats, flaxseed, spinach.
1. Blend all ingredients together in a mixer/blender until you get a creamy puree. Although this smoothie is quite dense, you can still sip it with a straw.
2. However, if you prefer a thinner consistency, go ahead and add a few tablespoons of almond milk.
3. Enjoy your smoothie. Use some nice topping to make it look tastier.
5. Cantaloupe Smoothie
This mouthwatering and refreshing smoothie is enriched with fiber. If you are somebody who avoids green smoothies, cantaloupe smoothie is a brilliant replacement. People mostly prefer to try it during breakfast in summer.
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup chunks of melon
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
1. Add milk, vanilla, and cantaloupe pieces into a blender.
2. Blend for about 15 seconds at the highest speed to form a smoothie. Scrape the sides of the blender as you process your mixture.
3. If you want a denser smoothie, reduce milk content.
Should we add milk or water to our smoothie?
This is one of the most commonly asked questions when it comes to smoothies. Although there is no obvious need to add milk or water to your smoothie, you may go for it according to your liking. You may add water or milk if you like your smoothie to be less dense.
Water will make the flavor of all ingredients in your smoothie more distinct. However it will become less creamy. Many chefs recommend adding almond milk instead of water. It is surely a crowd-pleaser for most smoothie combinations.
The Bottom Line
These mouth-watering smoothie recipes have numerous nutritional benefits. Therefore, everyone must give them a try to have a memorable morning and a boost of nutrients. We will try to come up with more healthy and delicious recipes in the future. For now, check out the ones above and let us know if you liked them.