Tsuchime Special Edition
Tsuchime Special Chinese Cleaver
- Long, comfortable and fatigue-free working due to a balanced, D-shaped handle
- Fast and safe cutting with long-lasting sharpness due to the use of a VG10 core in combination with layered Damascus steel
- Unique design with the Tsuchime look, which immediately attracts attention and makes you look like a true professional chef
- The Tsuchime pattern reduces sticking of your food
- Full Tang
It is important to experiment and endlessly seek after creating the best possible flavors when preparing foods. That means not being afraid to experiment with various ingredients.Rocco DiSpirito
This knife is a real showstopper. Originally made for the Asian kitchen, the Chinese cleaver has long since become a favourite in the American kitchen. No wonder, after all this exotic model is extremely versatile and very handy.
What is special is its unusually wide blade, which is about twice as long as it is high. You can use it to cut or chop tendons and bones effortlessly. Even more: the front part of the blade is extremely sharp and is used by professional and hobby cooks for processing fish and meat. A powerful knife that enriches your knife set and allows you to create new preparation variations.
With the Tsuchime Special Edition, an outstanding type of knife has been created that easily masters all the challenges that are required of an exquisite and functional kitchen knife. It consists of beautiful knives with a AUS10 core, covered by a 67-layer Japanese Damascus steel. A vacuum heat process is used to harden the blade, which results in a hardness of 60 ± 2 HRC.
The Damascus steel with its beautiful blade design in combination with the Japanese hammerblow look (Tsuchime) is not only visually impressive, but also reduces the sticking of food to the blade to let you work faster and more efficiently in the kitchen. In addition, the knives are true hand flatterers: the material feels warm and natural, the D-shaped handles fit comfortably and ergonomically in the hand.
Total Length: 10.0 in (25.4 cm)
Blade Length: 4.8 in (12.2 cm)
Handle Length: 5.2 in (13.2 cm)
Blade Width: 1.97 in (5.0 cm) (The widest point)
Net Weight: 0.59 lb (269 g)
For optimal, long lasting sharpness we recommend you storing your knives using a knife block and sharpening your knives regularly using a whetstone or sharpening steel. The equipment can be found in our shop under Knife Sharpening Tools and Accessories. A detailed sharpening Instruction can be found here.
The average shipping times are as follows:
United States: 5-15 business days
- Canada: 5-15 business days
Australia: 5-15 business days
- Europe: 5-15 business days
We only accept orders from the United States, United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
Please allow 1-4 business days to process and pack your order. Exceptions apply in the holiday season.
Import duties, and any other additional import charges and taxes are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are ultimately the buyer's responsibility.
Shipping to remote areas (e.g. Alaska and Hawaii) can take 4-8 weeks.
Items in bundles can be shipped separately due to different shipping methods or weight. Accessories and knives are always shipped separately.
Detailed information on delivery times can be found here.
You can choose between a refund or a credit note on returned items.
- 14 days return from the day you receive your items.
- Item(s) must be returned in their original condition and packaging.
- Return shipping methods and associated costs are the responsibility of the customer. A restocking fee of 15% of the purchase price of the returned items will be retained (exception: we sent you a defective or wrong item).
- Orders can be canceled within 12 hours after placing the order.
Detailed returns policy here.