Tsuchime Special Edition
Tsuchime Special Chef's Knife
- Long, comfortable and fatigue-free working due to a balanced, D-shaped handle
- Fast and safe cutting with long-lasting sharpness due to the use of a VG10 core in combination with layered Damascus steel
- Unique design with the Tsuchime look, which immediately attracts attention and makes you look like a true professional chef
- The Tsuchime pattern reduces sticking of your food
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.Virginia Woolf
The chef's knife is the all-rounder among knives: its wide, strong blade glides smoothly through fish and meat and shreds even the hardest vegetables. A chef's knife also handles chopping herbs and nuts with ease: Simply place the tip of the knife on the cutting board and move the blade up and down. And as if that wasn't enough, you can use the broad side of the knife to evenly plate meat slices like a schnitzel.
With so much flexibility, it's no wonder that a chef's knife should be part of the basic equipment of every kitchen. WASABI Knives offers you different models with different blade lengths and characteristics of the individual knife collections. Your new favourite knife is certainly also included.
With the Tsuchime Special Edition, an outstanding type of knife has been created that easily masters all the challenges that are required of an exquisite and functional kitchen knife. It consists of beautiful knives with a AUS10 core, covered by a 67-layer Japanese Damascus steel. A vacuum heat process is used to harden the blade, which results in a hardness of 60 ± 2 HRC.
The Damascus steel with its beautiful blade design in combination with the Japanese hammerblow look (Tsuchime) is not only visually impressive, but also reduces the sticking of food to the blade to let you work faster and more efficiently in the kitchen. In addition, the knives are true hand flatterers: the material feels warm and natural, the D-shaped handles fit comfortably and ergonomically in the hand.
Total Length: 12.8 in (32.5 cm)
Blade Length: 7.5 in (19.2 cm)
Handle Length: 5.2 in (13.3 cm)
Blade Width: 1.65 in (4.2 cm) (The widest point)
Net Weight: 0.58 lb (265 g)
For optimal, long lasting sharpness we recommend you storing your knives using a knife block and sharpening your knives regularly using a whetstone or sharpening steel. The equipment can be found in our shop under Knife Sharpening Tools and Accessories. A detailed sharpening Instruction can be found here.
I ordered from the Wasabi not the first time. Packaging is good. In the kitchen I use a cheap knife, and this one is for fine cutting. This knife is so sharp you have to be careful to not cut your nail or skin on your finger. I will buy the complete set. Keep in mind that with frequent use it is necessary to sharpen this knife, I use a 1500 and 3000 whetstone.
It's very beautiful and is a really sharp kitchen knife. But it's a little heavy.
The average delivery times (DHL Express) for our knives are as follows:
- US and Canada: 9-20 business days
- Australia and New Zealand: 9-20 business days
- Europe**: 4-12 business days
The average delivery times for our accessories are as follows:
- US and Canada: 5-10 business days
- Australia and New Zealand: 5-12 business days
- Europe**: 5-12 business days
Please note that items in bundles can be shipped separately due to different shipping methods or weight. Accessories and knives are also shipped separately.
Detailed information on delivery times can be found here.
You can choose between a refund or a credit note on full priced items.
- 30 Days Return.
- Item(s) must be returned in their original condition and packaging.
- Return shipping methods and associated costs are the responsibility of the customer.
- Sale items can not be refunded for change of mind.
Detailed returns policy here.